Men decide to become Freemasons for many different reasons, but they all share a strong desire to improve themselves while building a better society for others. Some applicants have a family connection with Freemasonry stretching back for generations, while others enter the Craft with no prior association whatsoever. Regardless of the personal motivation for joining, membership in Freemasonry is open to men of any race, religion or political belief as long as they are of good repute and can fulfill some basic qualifications.
What are the qualifications for membership?
- An applicant must believe in a Supreme Being. Freemasonry does not provide any further definition, the nature of that Being must be determined by the applicant himself.
- The applicant must be an upright man of good moral character and be at least twenty-one years old.
- He must be a peaceable citizen, loyal to his country and its laws.
- He must be able to meet his financial commitments to his family before those to Freemasonry.
- The applicant must have a positive perception of the fraternity and act of his own free will; uninfluenced by friends or mercenary motives.
How does one become a Freemason?
In order to become a Freemason, you must ask a Freemason. It is a general rule, in Korea as well as in other countries, that a Freemason will not solicit men for membership. An applicant must have a sincere and pure desire to join the fraternity and seek membership of his own free will and accord.
If you are interested in becoming a Freemason or if you would like additional information about our organization, please fill out the form below and we will be happy to talk with you.